Nova Premier Dental offers the following services in Falls Church and Northern Virginia Area
(Click on the Blue Text Service name to learn more about that particular offering)
We answer patients’ Frequently Asked Questions in-depth on our FAQ Page
- Prosthodontics: When a patient’s teeth begin to deteriorate, it often creates a host of other issues which can be handled effectively by our office. Prosthodontists often create the overarching “plan” of dental treatment, and in doing so in collaboration with your general dentist and/ or other specialists to complete your individualized treatment plan.
- Dental implants: are small post-like devices, made of titanium, which act as a foundation for the substitute tooth that fits over it. These replacement teeth are meant to function, feel and look like the wearer’s natural teeth. Where the natural teeth are missing, these posts are placed into the bone of the jaw. A firm foundation is created when the bone fuses with the post. Implants can help bolster the bone structure of the face, thereby preventing the natural deterioration which happens when teeth have been lost.
- Maxillofacial Prosthodontics: Maxillofacial Prosthetics practitioners specialize in Prosthodontics. This subset involves rehabilitation of oral congenital defects, or those which developed because of trauma or disease. To replace missing portions of tissue or bone, and to restore healthy and normal speech, chewing, and swallowing, prosthetic devices are often used. This type of specialist will work with a wide range of complementary practitioners such as speech pathologists, plastic and oral surgeons, anaplastologists, specialty dentists, and radiation oncologists.
- Oncological Concerns: Oral cancer is of great concern to our practice because oral cancer is very curable when discovered early. That is why in our practice, we have incorporated the use of Vizilite® Plus fluorescence technology to help with early detection of oral cancer. It is fast, easy and pain-free.
- Veneers: Porcelain veneers are thin shells of ceramic that affix to the front surface of your teeth. They are an ideal choice for improving some oral esthetic issues, and have become more and more popular due to their conservative preparation of your teeth. Placing custom veneers requires a high degree of technical skill as well as attention to cosmetic detail. We place veneers routinely, and design each case individually to match and enhance the characteristics of each patient’s smile.
- Crowns and Bridges: If you are missing one or more teeth, a bridge may be an option for you. Bridges are a great way to restore your dental health and appearance by filling in where teeth are missing.
- One Visit Cerec Milled Crowns: This type of crown can be fabricated in our office, and cemented in permanently on the same day. This will save you a return trip to the office 2-3 weeks later for delivery, as with a conventional crown.
- Removable Dentures and Partial Dentures: Dentures and partial dentures are an option to replace missing teeth. They are made of acrylic and customized to your mouth for comfort and esthetics. Some can be fabricated to fit over dental implants which allows for a much more secure fit.
- Invisalign Braces: Invisalign uses a series of clear removable trays to straighten your teeth, without metal wires or brackets. Each set of trays are worn for about two weeks. You can remove them to floss, brush, drink and eat. Total treatment time averages nine to fifteen months.
- General Dental Concerns: From esthetic white fillings, to root canals, to extractions, we can care for your entire family’s dental needs!