We offer the following Prosthodontic and General Dentist Services in Falls Church &
Northern Virginia Area
(Click on the Blue Text for additional information on these services)
We answer patients’ Frequently Asked Questions in-depth on our FAQ Page
- Prosthodontics: When a patient’s teeth begin to deteriorate, it often creates a host of other issues which can be handled effectively by our office. Prosthodontists often create the overarching “plan” of dental treatment, and in doing so in collaboration with your general dentist and/ or other specialists to complete your individualized treatment plan.
- Dental implants: These are small post-like devices, made of titanium, which act as a foundation for the substitute tooth that fits over it. These replacement teeth are meant to function, feel and look like the wearer’s natural teeth. Where the natural teeth are missing, these posts are placed into the bone of the jaw. A firm foundation is created when the bone fuses with the post. Implants can help bolster the bone structure of the face, thereby preventing the natural deterioration which happens when teeth have been lost. We offer dental implants to our Falls Church patients.
Dental implant and crown to replace missing lower tooth
- Permanent Dentures: Permanent dentures are also known as “All on 4 (implant)” dentures, or a “fixed denture” and they are exactly that, a denture that is fixed and attached onto implants. Thy combine denture and dental implants to create a permanent option to replace missing teeth. This allows you to have natural-looking teeth that will function with no movement, as close as you can get to your original real teeth.
Upper Permanet Denture on 4 Implants
Lower Permanent Denture on 4 Implants
- Maxillofacial Prosthodontics: Maxillofacial Prosthetics practitioners specialize in Prosthodontics. This subset involves rehabilitation of oral congenital defects, or those which developed because of trauma or disease. To replace missing portions of tissue or bone, and to restore healthy and normal speech, chewing, and swallowing, prosthetic devices are often used. This type of specialist will work with a wide range of complementary practitioners such as speech pathologists, plastic and oral surgeons, anaplastologists, specialty dentists, and radiation oncologists.
- Oncological Concerns: Oral cancer is of great concern to our practice because oral cancer is very curable when discovered early. That is why in our practice, we have incorporated the use of Vizilite® Plus fluorescence technology to help with early detection of oral cancer. It is fast, easy and pain-free.
Oral cancer screening under special light
- TMJ (Jaw Joint Problems): Jaw Joint disorders and problems often causes severe pain and discomfort. It can be temporary or last many years. It may affect one or both sides of your face. Common symptoms include pain or tenderness in your face, jaw joint area, neck and shoulders, and in or around the ear when you chew, speak, or open your mouth wide. Your jaw may get “stuck” or “lock” in the open- or closed- position and have clicking, popping, or grating sounds.
- Veneers: Porcelain veneers are thin shells of ceramic that affix to the front surface of your teeth. They are an ideal choice for improving some oral esthetic issues, and have become more and more popular due to their conservative preparation of your teeth. Placing custom veneers requires a high degree of technical skill as well as attention to cosmetic detail. We place veneers routinely, and design each case individually to match and enhance the characteristics of each patient’s smile.
Thin ceramic veneers to change the shape and color of your teeth
- Crowns and Bridges: If you are missing one or more teeth, a bridge may be an option for you. Bridges are a great way to restore your dental health and appearance by filling in where teeth are missing.
Different types of bridges to replace missing teeth
- Removable Dentures and Partial Dentures: Dentures and partial dentures are an option to replace missing teeth. They are made of acrylic and customized to your mouth for comfort and esthetics. Some can be fabricated to fit over dental implants which allows for a much more secure fit.
Lower denture supported by 2 implants for added retention and stability
- Invisalign Braces: Invisalign uses a series of clear removable trays to straighten your teeth, without metal wires or brackets. Each set of trays are worn for about two weeks. You can remove them to floss, brush, drink and eat. Total treatment time for our Falls Church patients averages nine to fifteen months.
Traditional Wired VS Clear Plastic Braces
- General Dental Services in Falls Church: From esthetic white fillings, to root canals, to extractions–at Nova Premier Dental, Dr. Peterson Huang in Falls Church can care for your entire family’s dental needs! Come visit this awesome dentist!
- Health Issues: Seeing your prosthodontist/dentist on a regular basis is important because receiving preventative dental care reduces your risks of developing a number of problems.